Full Day Hike: Jabal Burdah Rock bridge
Wadi Rum hiking tours with local bedouin guides
Begin the day with an amazing hike and scramble up to the Jabal Burdah rock bridge, the highest such arch in Jordan. Then hike the canyons in Wadi Noughra. A local bedouin guide will accompany you and a freshly prepared lunch will be served.
You will meet us in Wadi Rum Village to start your tour at 9:00am. Our guide will then drive you by jeep directly to the mountain. There you will park the vehicle at the base of the mountains. You will take your backpack with water, sunscreen, camera and other necessary items. Your guide will be accompanying you to the top of the Jabal Burdah rock bridge.
Then the hiking and scrambling begins! In order to be safe during the final ascent, there is a short portion of the scramble to the arch where the guide will secure you with a rope. Upon reaching the top you will see the beautiful landscape and most of the mountains of Wadi Rum. Once you have taken in the view from the top, you will be able to see a different side of the mountain and the vast mountainous landscape from a different vantage point as you descend.
You will return to the jeep after the hike and drive to a shady spot for the lunch break. Relax and enjoy some tea in the shade. After your break you will continue the tour through the desert with time for canyon hiking.
Following lunch, the guide will take you to Wadi Noughra canyon. You will stop at the beginning and go with your guide to a nice viewing spot for photos of the landscape. After this you will hike Siq Al Noughra which is very narrow natural gorge. The guide will drive the jeep to the end of the canyon to wait for you while you enjoy the beautiful hike through.
Your guide can take you to still more canyons if you would like to do more hiking until sunset time approaches. Then he will drive you to a special spot for viewing the sunset where you will enjoy bedouin tea brewed over the fire.
After sunset you will be brought back to the village by jeep.
If you prefer to spend the night at our camp after the day of exploring, we recommend choosing this tour program instead.
Pricing and Booking
• Plan to arrive by 9:00 am to start your tour. If coming from Aqaba or Petra this usually works well.
• In the summer when days are longer, the tour could begin at 10:00am if you have chosen the private tour option.
• We will send you a personalized booking confirmation with your timing specifics along with information on our meeting point at Rum Village Rest House. You will be met by the owner, Abdullh, so be sure not to go with others who may approach you.
• No deposit or payment is made online. Book now, pay later. Flexible cancellation.
• Please notify us if you will not be able to keep your reservation so that we can make it available to others.
• All prices are per person and include all taxes.
• We do not recommend that children go on the Jabal Burdah hike due to difficulty. This hike is also not recommended for people with a strong fear of heights.
• Groups of 8+ persons may be specially discounted, please contact us with your request.