Full Day Hike: Jabal Al Hash
Wadi Rum hiking tours with local bedouin guides
Begin the day with the Jabal Hash hike where you can get a great view of the desert and mountains. Then enjoy hiking in the Siq Al Noughra canyon and see natural rock formations and red sand dunes nearby. A local bedouin guide will accompany you and a freshly prepared lunch will be served.
This morning you will meet us at Wadi Rum village to begin the tour. Your guide will then drive you by jeep to the southern area of Wadi Rum for the Jabal Hash hike. There you will park the vehicle at the base of the mountain. You will take your backpack with water, sunscreen, hat, camera and any other necessary items. This is a fairly easy hike that most can manage without difficulty.
You will see the landscape from one side where the red and white desert sands meet. From the top you will see the highest point of the main peaks of Jordan’s mountains. Here your guide will make tea to enjoy while you take in the stunning landscape and some pictures to remember the moments at the top of the mountain. Then, slowly descend to the jeep. It will take between four and five hours to make the ascent and descent, depending on how quickly you make the hike. Now it is time to find a nice spot to have lunch, relax and drink some tea and juice.
After lunch, the guide will take you to Wadi Noughra canyon. You will stop at the beginning and go with your guide to a nice viewing spot for photos of the landscape. After this you will hike Siq Al Noughra which is very narrow natural gorge. The guide will drive the jeep to the end of the canyon to wait for you while you enjoy the hike through the peaceful canyon. You will also have the chance to see the cisterns which bedouin made to collect water for their animals. Then hike over to the natural formation called “Cow rock” or “chicken rock” depending on how you look at it. Next you will head to the red dunes and see the area between the red and white desert.
Following the hike you will go to a beautiful point from which to watch the sun as it sets and have tea made over the fire.
You will be brought back to the village by jeep after sunset.
Note: If you prefer to have an overnight at our camp after the tour, you should choose this option instead.
Pricing and Booking
• Plan to arrive by 9:00 am to start your tour. If coming from Aqaba or Petra this usually works well.
• In the summer when days are longer, the tour could begin at 10:00am if you prefer. When booking advisers of your timing.
• We will send you a personalized booking confirmation with your timing specifics along with information on our meeting point at Rum Village Rest House. You will be met by the owner, Abdullh, so be sure not to go with others who may approach you.
• No deposit or payment is made online. Book now, pay later. Flexible cancellation.
• Please notify us if you will not be able to keep your reservation so that we can make it available to others.
• All prices are per person and include all taxes.
• We do not recommend this hike for children under 13 years of age.
• Groups of 8+ persons may be specially discounted, please contact us with your request.