Full Day Hike: Jabal Umm Ad Dami
Wadi Rum hiking tours with local bedouin guides
This is a great choice if you want to experience a full day hike in Wadi Rum. You will begin the day by tackling Jordan’s highest mountain, Jabal Umm Ad Dami. Here you can view the amazing desert and mountain panorama. Then hike the canyons in Wadi Sabat. A local bedouin guide will accompany you and a freshly prepared lunch will be served.
See our video, “Climbing Jabal Umm Ad Dami,” to get a feel for this hike.
ITINERARY FOR THE FULL DAY HIKE
This morning we will rendezvous in Wadi Rum village at 9:00 for your tour to begin. Your guide will then drive you by jeep to Jabal Umm Ad Dami. There he will park the vehicle at the base of the mountain. You will take your backpack with water, sunscreen, camera and other necessary items. Then the hiking and scrambling begins!
Hikers should take their time and climb slowly. Don’t push yourself, but save your energy. When you reach the top you will see almost all the mountains of Wadi Rum. If the air is clear you should be able to see the Red Sea from the top as well. Take some stunning pictures to remember the moments at the top of this peak. Then, slowly descend to the jeep. It will take between four and five hours to make the ascent and descent, depending on how quickly you make the hike. Now it is time to find a nice spot to have lunch, relax and drink some tea and juice.
Following your lunch break, you will go to see the ancient rock inscriptions in the beautiful area of Wadi Sabat. In the afternoon, you will do some nice hikes in this area near the border. You will find canyons to hike in the area of Wadi Sabet and Umm Ad Dami. Then you will drive to a high point from which to view the sunset.
Now it is time for the sun to set. Your guide will take you to Umm Sabata, which we think is the best place for viewing the magnificent sunset in Wadi Rum. Enjoying the sunset and sip the sweet bedouin tea made over the fire.
After sunset you will be brought back to the village by jeep.
If you prefer to spend an overnight at our camp, you can choose this Jabal Umm Ad Dami hike tour option instead.
Pricing and Booking
• Plan to arrive by 9:00 am to start your tour. If coming from Aqaba or Petra this usually works well.
• In the summer when days are longer, the tour could begin at 10:00am if you have chosen the private tour option.
• Multi-day tours end around 4pm.
• We will send you a personalized booking confirmation with your timing specifics along with information on our meeting point at Rum Village Rest House. You will be met by the owner, Abdullh, so be sure not to go with others who may approach you.
• No deposit or payment is made online. Book now, pay later. Flexible cancellation.
• Please notify us if you will not be able to keep your reservation so that we can make it available to others.
• All prices are per person and include all taxes.
• This full day hike is automatically a private tour, no extra charge.
• We do not recommend that children go on the full day hike of Jabal Umm Ad Dami.
• Groups of 8+ persons may be specially discounted, please contact us with your request.