2D / 2N Jeep Tour and Jabal Hash Hike
Wadi Rum jeep tour and Jabal Al-Hash hike with a local bedouin
Begin your exploration by seeing the highlights of the desert on this combination program of jeep tour and Jabal Al-Hash hike. The next day enjoy the scenic Jabal Al-Hash in a very beautiful area between Jordan and Saudi Arabia. With a two day tour you will have time to see the main sites of interest as well as enjoy a pleasant hike in the beautiful southern part of Wadi Rum.
If you would like to spend one or both nights in a desert bivouac during this tour, we offer this as an extra service as well. Learn more about our under the stars bivouac option for wild camping.
Day One: Jeep tour
You will be starting from Wadi Rum village with your guide in the jeep. We will have water and food with us for the tour. The guide will explain each place you visit along the way today.
The first site you will visit is the Nabatean temple. Then you will head through the small village and into the Wadi Rum protected area where your next stop will be at Lawrence’s Spring. Next, you will go to enjoy the large Red Sand Dunes piled up against the mountains. After this, you will head to Khazali Canyon to see the ancient rock inscriptions. Next we drive to the Little Arch, a natural formation where you can have a photo taken on top of the arch. From here we move on to Lawrence’s house which is a Nabatean era stone building remains. Your guide will then find a nice shaded spot for lunch break where you can relax a bit, eat and enjoy tea.
Following lunch you will visit more interesting places in the desert. The guide will drive you to the Mushroom Rock which is a large natural formation. Then you will go to the Burdah Rock Bridge where you can see the formation at the top of the mountains. After this you will head to Abu Khashebah canyon where you can take a walk through the cool beautiful canyon. Then your guide will drive you to the Um Frouth Rock Bridge where you can climb to the top. This is a great spot to take photos.
Now it is time for the sunset. Your guide will take you to the Um Sabata area, which we think is the best place for viewing the magnificent sunset in Wadi Rum. While enjoying the sunset you will sip the bedouin tea made over the fire. Then he will drive you back to our camp.
Upon arrival to the camp, the team will show you your tent and then you will enjoy the evening with the bedouin. We will have traditional Zarb dinner prepared in the bedouin way of cooking in the ground. After dinner is time for bedouin stories and stargazing.
Day Two: Tour and Jabal Al- hasH Hike
The next morning you will have your breakfast in the camp. Your guide will then take you by Jeep to the mountain to begin the tour and Jabal Al-Hash hike. Here you will see the landscape from one side where the red and white desert sands meet. From the top you will see the highest point of the main peaks of Jordan’s mountains. Here your guide will make tea to enjoy while you take in the stunning landscape. If you are good hikers, this will be an easy descent back to the Jeep. Then you will go for lunch in a nice shady spot.
After lunch, your guide will take you to Wadi Noughra canyon. You will stop at the beginning and go with your guide to a nice viewing spot for photos of the landscape. After this you will hike Siq Al Noughra which is very narrow natural gorge. The guide will drive the jeep to the end of the canyon to wait for you while you enjoy the hike through the beautiful canyon.
Your guide can take you to still more canyons if you would like to do more hiking until sunset time approaches. Then your guide will drive you to a special spot for viewing the sunset where you will enjoy bedouin tea made over an open fire.
You will head back to the Escape Camp for another overnight stay. Enjoy the traditional dinner, music, stories and dazzling night sky.
The next morning after breakfast you will be driven back to Wadi Rum Village.
Pricing and Booking
• Plan to arrive by 9:00 am to start your program for the jeep tour and Jabal Hash hike. If coming from Aqaba or Petra this usually works well.
• In the summer when days are longer, the tour could begin at 10:00am if you have chosen the private tour option.
• Multi-day tours end around 4pm.
• We will send you a personalized booking confirmation with your timing specifics along with information on our meeting point at Rum Village Rest House. You will be met by the owner, Abdullh, so be sure not to go with others who may approach you.
• No deposit or payment is made online. Book now, pay later. Flexible cancellation.
• Please notify us if you will not be able to keep your reservation so that we can make it available to others.
• All prices are per person for shared tour and include all taxes.
• Surcharge for private tour option is 20 JOD per person, per day of touring.
• The bivouac “wild camping” experience costs an extra 20 JOD per person, per night.
• We do not recommend the Jabal Al-Hash hike for children under age 13. If you want to bring younger children please advise us. Children age 6-12 receive 25% discount.
• Groups of 8+ persons may be specially discounted, please contact us with your request.