1D/1N: Hiking Tour – Jabal Umm Ad Dami
Wadi Rum hiking tours with local bedouin guide
If you are looking for an adventure in Wadi Rum, why not hike Umm Ad Dami mountain? This is the highest peak in Jordan, near the border with Saudi Arabia. At the top, you can get a panoramic view of the desert and mountains. After lunch, enjoy hiking in the beautiful Wadi Sabat. A local bedouin hiking guide will accompany you. And you will enjoy an overnight stay with meals at the Escape camp.
Or, if you would like to spend the night in a desert bivouac during this tour, we offer this as an extra service as well. Learn more about our bivouac option here.
ITINERARY: HIKE UMM AD DAMI
This morning you will meet us at Wadi Rum village to begin the tour at 9:00am. Your guide will then drive you by jeep to the southern area of Wadi Rum to hike Umm Ad Dami. There he will park the vehicle at the base of the mountain. You will take your backpack with water, sunscreen, camera and other necessary items. Then the hiking and scrambling begins!
Hikers should take their time and climb slowly. Don’t push yourself, but save your energy. When you reach the top you will see almost all the mountains of Wadi Rum. If the air is clear you should be able to see the Red Sea from the top as well. Take some stunning pictures to remember the moments at the top of this peak. Then, slowly descend to the jeep. It will take between four and five hours to make the ascent and descent, depending on how quickly you make the hike. Now it is time to find a shaded spot to have lunch, relax and drink some tea and juice.
After lunch break you will go to see the inscriptions in Wadi Sabat. In the afternoon you will do some nice hikes in this area near the border. You will find canyons to hike in the area of Wadi Sabat and Umm Ad Dami. Then you will drive to a beautiful point from which to view the sunset and have tea brewed over the fire. Then he will drive you back to our camp.
Upon arrival to the camp, the team will show you your tent and then you will enjoy the evening with the bedouin. We will have traditional Zarb dinner prepared in the bedouin way of cooking in the ground. After dinner is time for bedouin stories and stargazing.
The next morning, enjoy the buffet breakfast at the camp. Then you will be driven back to Wadi Rum Village.
To see more about this experience, check out our Video: “Climbing Jabal Umm Ad Dami” on YouTube.
Pricing and Booking
• Plan to arrive by 9:00 am to start your tour. If coming from Aqaba or Petra this usually works well.
• In the summer when days are longer, the tour could begin at 10:00am if you have chosen the private tour option.
• Sleeping under the stars option is available.
• We will send you a personalized booking confirmation with your timing specifics along with information on our meeting point at Rum Village Rest House. You will be met by the owner, Abdullh, so be sure not to go with others who may approach you.
• No deposit or payment is made online. Book now, pay later. Flexible cancellation.
• Please notify us if you will not be able to keep your reservation so that we can make it available to others.
• All prices are per person for shared tour and include all taxes.
• Surcharge for private tour option, 20 JOD per person, per day of touring.
• The bivouac experience option is an extra 20 JOD per person, per night.
• We recommend that children should not go on the Umm Ad Dami hike.
• Groups of 8+ persons may be specially discounted, so please feel free to contact us with your request.