2D / 2N Jeep Tour
Jeep tour in Wadi Rum with a local bedouin guide and overnights
Looking for a longer, more in-depth jeep tour in Wadi Rum? On our two day tour you will have time to see the highlights of the protected area, plus others that are more off the beaten track, like Umum Muqur canyon and the beautiful Wadi Sabet. All meals at the Escape camp and during the tour are included. Maybe add-on a short camel ride as well, just to give it a try– you’ll have enough time!
You have the option to sleep outside under the stars near the camp if you prefer not to sleep inside a private tent. This way, you still have access to the bathroom and you enjoy dinner at the communal tent. There is no extra charge for this, and we arrange the place for you to sleep outside nearby. Just let us know if you prefer one or more nights under the stars! It’s magical.
You will be starting from our office with your guide in the jeep. We will have water and food with us for the jeep tours. The guide will explain each place you visit along the way today.
The first site you will visit is the Nabatean temple. Then you will head through the small village and into the desert for your jeep tour in Wadi Rum protected area. The next stop will be at Lawrence’s Spring. Then you will go to enjoy the large Red Sand Dunes piled up against the mountains. After this, you will head to Khazali Canyon to see the ancient rock inscriptions. Next we drive to the Little Arch, a natural formation where you can have a photo taken on top of the arch. From here we move on to Lawrence’s house which is a Nabatean era stone building remains. Your guide will then find a nice shaded spot for lunch break where you can relax a bit, eat and enjoy tea.
Following lunch you will visit more interesting places in the desert. The guide will drive you to the Mushroom Rock which is a large natural formation. Then you will go to the Burdah Rock Bridge where you can see the formation at the top of the mountains. After this you will head to Abu Khashebah canyon where you can take a walk through the cool beautiful canyon. Then your guide will drive you to the Um Frouth Rock Bridge where you can climb to the top. This is a great spot to take photos.
Now it is time for the sunset. Your guide will take you to the Um Sabata area, which we think is the best place for viewing the magnificent sunset in Wadi Rum. While enjoying the sunset you will sip the bedouin tea made over the fire. Then he will drive you back to our camp.
Upon arrival to the camp, the team will show you your tent and then you will enjoy the evening with the bedouin. We will have traditional Zarb dinner prepared in the bedouin way of cooking in the ground. After dinner is time for bedouin stories and stargazing.
The next morning you will have your breakfast in the camp. Then head out with your guide. The first stop will be at the beginning of the Umum Muqur Canyon. At this spot there is a large dune to enjoy. Next you will go to Wadi Noughra to see a scenic panorama of dunes.
Wadi Sabet is your next place to explore. Two hundred years ago the bedouin here had camel races and celebrations in the huge valley. In the old days this was used as a storage area by the bedouin to preserve food for themselves and their animals from one season to the next. The entire area is quite stunning. Your guide will choose a good spot for your lunch break.
You will then head to visit the Um Ghada area to walk the canyon. Your guide will then drive you to see the two small arches, one which is up high and the other is lower. Depending on the time you may also be able to go to see the cistern where the bedouin store water. At sunset time your guide will take you up to a great viewing area over Um Sabata.
After sunset you will be driven back to the Escape camp for a traditional dinner. Enjoy the evening with bedouin music, stories and the dazzling starry sky.
The next morning after breakfast you will be driven back to the village.
Pricing and Booking
• Plan to arrive by 9:00 am to start your tour. If coming from Aqaba or Petra this usually works well.
• In the summer when days are longer, the tour could begin at 10:00am if you have chosen the private tour option.
• Sleeping under the stars option is also available.
• We will send you a personalized booking confirmation with your timing specifics along with information on our meeting point at Rum Village Rest House. You will be met by the owner, Abdullh, so be sure not to go with others who may approach you.
• No deposit or payment is made online. Book now, pay later. Flexible cancellation.
• Please notify us if you will not be able to keep your reservation so that we can make it available to others.
• All prices are per person for shared tour and include all taxes.
• Surcharge for private tour option, 20 JOD per person per day of touring.
• The bivouac experience costs an extra 20 JOD per person, per night.
• Child discounts: 12 years and under -25%
6 years and under- 50%
3 years and under- free.
• Groups of 8+ persons may be specially discounted, please contact us with your request.