2D / 1N Jeep tour and Camel tour
Jeep tour and camel tour in Wadi Rum with local bedouin guides
If you want to experience the best of both worlds, we offer a two day combination of jeep tour and camel tour. On the first day you will see the main sites by jeep. Take a slower pace through the desert on day two as you experience traveling by camel the bedouin way. One night at the camp is included but you can always add on a pre-tour or post-tour overnight to extend the visit. You also have the option to sleep under the stars near the camp, if you prefer! A local guide will accompany you on each day of the tour.
If you would like to spend the night in a desert bivouac during this tour, we offer this as an extra service as well. Learn more about our bivouac option here.
DAY ONE: JEEP TOUR
This morning at 9:00am you will be starting from Wadi Rum village with your local guide in the jeep. He will have water and food for the tour. The guide will explain each place you visit along the way today.
The first site you will visit is the Nabatean temple near the village. Then you will head through the small village and into the Wadi Rum protected area where your next stop will be at Lawrence’s Spring. Next, you will go to enjoy large Red Sand Dunes piled up against the mountains. After this, you will see the ancient rock inscriptions at the canyon in Jabal Khazali. Next we drive to the Little Arch, a natural formation where you can easily have a cool photo taken on top of the arch.
From here you’ll move on to what has come to be known as “Lawrence’s house” which is the remains of a Nabatean era stone building. T.E. Lawrence is said to have stayed here before moving on to the attack on Aqaba. Your guide will then find a nice shaded spot for lunch break where you can relax a bit, eat and drink bedouin-style tea.
You will visit more interesting places in the desert after the lunch break.The guide will drive you to the famous Mushroom Rock which is a large natural formation. Then you will go to a viewpoint where you can see the Burdah Rock Bridge natural arch at the top of the mountains. After this you will head to Abu Khashebah canyon where you can take a thirty minute walk through the cool beautiful canyon. Then your guide will drive you to the Um Frouth Rock Bridge where you can climb to the top. This is a great spot to take photos.
Then the guide will drive you back to our camp for dinner and evening activities: oud music, bedouin stories and stargazing. With plenty more tea of course!
DAY TWO: CAMEL TOUR
You will meet the guide and his camels at the camp after breakfast (between 9:00-10:00 am). Then you will head out into the desert to experience Wadi Rum at a slower, quieter pace. The guide will first take you to Um Muqur where you will see mountains, canyons and a stunning landscape. There will be breaks along the way and plenty of time for you to to take photos. The next stop will be the Red desert with its sand dunes. Naturally eroded sandstone rock like the “Cow Rock” formation are in this area. After this it is time to find a shady spot to enjoy lunch and refresh with tea and water.
Following the lunch break you will head back by camel to the Wadi Rum village. The timing of your arrival back to the camp will depend on how often you stop along the way. In general, the tour will end between 3:00 and 4:00pm. Your luggage will be returned to the village via jeep and the driver will meet you where the camels stop at the edge of the village to drive you back into the village and you can continue on your Jordan travels.
Pricing and Booking
• Plan to arrive by 9:00 am to start your tour. If coming from Aqaba or Petra this usually works well.
• In the summer when days are longer, the tour could begin at 10:00am if you have chosen the private tour option.
• Multi-day tours end around 4pm.
• We will send you a personalized booking confirmation with your timing specifics along with information on our meeting point at Rum Village Rest House. You will be met by the owner, Abdullh, so be sure not to go with others who may approach you.
• No deposit or payment is made online. Book now, pay later. Flexible cancellation.
• Please notify us if you will not be able to keep your reservation so that we can make it available to others.
• All prices are per person for shared tour and include all taxes.
• Private tour option available for 20 JOD per person, per day surcharge.
• We do not recommend children under 13 to do a full day camel tour. Short rides are fine for kids, but usually young ones get very tired from a long day with camels.
• Groups of 8+ persons may be specially discounted, please contact us with your request.