2D/ 2N: Jeep Tour and Umm Ad Dami Hike
Wadi Rum tour and hike with a local bedouin
This is a combination tour with the first day by jeep and a hike up Jabal Umm Ad Dami on the second day. You will see many interesting sites inside the Wadi Rum protected area with local English-speaking bedouin guide during this tour. You should be in good physical condition to make the hike up the mountain. Our guide will lead you on the best path up, but it is not something to be done in a hurry. Take your time and enjoy the magnificent views over Jordan and Saudi Arabia. Then enjoy two relaxing nights at our bedouin Escape camp near Abu Khashaba canyon. If you prefer to sleep under the stars instead of in a tent, we can arrange this as well.
For the adventurous who would like to spend the night in a desert bivouac during this tour, we offer this as an extra service as well. Learn more about our bivouac option here.
Day One: JEEP TOUR
You will be starting from our office with your guide in the jeep. We will have water and food with us for the tour. The guide will explain each place you visit along the way today.
The first site you will visit is the Nabatean temple. Then you will head through the small village and into the Wadi Rum protected area where your next stop will be at Lawrence’s Spring. Next, you will go to enjoy the large Red Sand Dunes piled up against the mountains. After this, you will head to Khazali Canyon to see the ancient rock inscriptions. Next we drive to the Little Arch, a natural formation where you can have a photo taken on top of the arch. From here we move on to Lawrence’s house which is a Nabatean era stone building remains. Your guide will then find a nice shaded spot for lunch break where you can relax a bit, eat and enjoy tea.
Following lunch you will visit more interesting places in the desert. The guide will drive you to the Mushroom Rock which is a large natural formation. Then you will see Jabal Burdah where tomorrow you will hike to the Rock Bridge formation at the top of the mountains. After this, you will head to Abu Khashaba canyon where you can take a walk through the cool beautiful canyon. Then your guide will drive you to the Um Frouth Rock Bridge where you can climb to the top. This is a great spot to take photos.
Now it is time for the sunset. Your guide will take you to the Um Sabata area, which we think is the best place for viewing the magnificent sunset in Wadi Rum. While enjoying the sunset you will sip the bedouin tea made over the fire. Then he will drive you back to our camp.
Upon arrival to the camp, the team will show you your tent and then you will enjoy the evening with the bedouin. We will enjoy traditional Zarb prepared in the bedouin way of cooking in the ground. After dinner is time for bedouin stories and stargazing.
Day Two: HIKE UMM AD DAMI
The next morning you will have your breakfast in the camp. Your guide will then drive you by jeep approximately 15km to Jabal Umm Ad Dami. There you will park the vehicle at the base of the mountain. You will take your backpack with water, sunscreen, camera and other necessary items. Then the hiking and scrambling begins!
Hikers should take their time and climb slowly. Don’t push yourself, but save your energy. When you reach the top you will see almost all the mountains of Wadi Rum. If the air is clear you should be able to see the Red Sea from the top as well. Take some stunning pictures to remember the moments at the top of this peak. Then, slowly descend to the jeep. It will take between four and five hours to make the ascent and descent, depending on how quickly you make the hike. Now it is time to find a shaded spot to have lunch, relax and drink some tea and juice.
After lunch break you will go to see the inscriptions in Wadi Sabat. In the afternoon you will do some nice hikes in this area near the border. You will find canyons to hike in the area of Wadi Sabat and Umm Ad Dami. Then you will drive to a beautiful point from which to view the sunset and have tea.
After sunset you will be brought back to the camp for your dinner and overnight stay. Enjoy the magical starry sky and the bedouin stories.
The next morning, enjoy an early buffet breakfast in the communal tent. Then we will bring you back to Rum Village.
Pricing and Booking
• Plan to arrive by 9:00 am to start your tour. If coming from Aqaba or Petra this usually works well.
• In the summer when days are longer, the tour could begin at 10:00am if you have chosen the private tour option.
• This tour ends at 9:00am on the third day.
• We will send you a personalized booking confirmation with your timing specifics along with information on our meeting point at Rum Village Rest House. You will be met by the owner, Abdullh, so be sure not to go with others who may approach you.
• No deposit or payment is made online. Book now, pay later. Flexible cancellation.
• Please notify us as soon as possible if you will not be able to keep your reservation so that we can make it available to others.
• All prices are per person for shared tour and include all taxes.
• Private tour option is available at an additional surcharge of 20 JOD per person, per day of touring.
• The Bivouac Experience costs an extra 20 JOD per person, per night.
• We do not recommend the Jabal Umm Ad Dami hike for children.
• Groups of 8+ persons may be specially discounted, please contact us with your request.