Full Day Camel Tour
Wadi Rum camel tours with local bedouin guides
If you want to experience the desert the ancient way, try our full day camel tour. You will enjoy traveling by camel to significant locations inside the protected area and soak in the desert vibes. A local guide, specialized with camels, will accompany you and a freshly prepared lunch will be served.
We meet the camels at the end of Wadi Rum village and head out into the desert protected area. You will arrive at Lawrence’s Spring (Ain Abu Aineh) in approximately one hour. From there, your camel guide will take you further and you will make stops along the way with time to take photos. Your next stop will be the area of the Red Sand Dunes which is one of the highlights of the desert. From here, you will ride the camels to the Khazali Canyon to see the pictographic rock art and inscriptions in numerous ancient languages such as Thamudic and Nabatean. After this, it is time to find a shaded spot to enjoy your lunch and refresh with water and bedouin tea.
Following the lunch break you will head to visit the Little Arch, a formation which is easily climbed and a popular place to take pictures. From there you will go to Lawrence’s House, the remains of a stone building dating back to Nabatean times. This is said to be where British Colonel T.E. Lawrence stayed before moving out to fight the Ottoman Turks during the arab revolt in Aqaba by the Red Sea. Then you will head to see the Anafishieh inscriptions and the red sand dunes found nearby. Your guide will then bring you back to Wadi Rum village and the day is complete!
If you would like to stay at our camp overnight and add a full day of exploring by jeep, you can choose this program instead: “2 Day/1 Night Camel Tour”
Pricing and Booking
• Plan to arrive by 9:00 am to start your tour. If coming from Aqaba or Petra this usually works well.
• In the summer when days are longer, the tour could begin at 10:00am if you have chosen the private tour option.
• We will send you a personalized booking confirmation with your timing specifics along with information on our meeting point at Rum Village Rest House. You will be met by the owner, Abdullh, so be sure not to go with others who may approach you.
• No deposit or payment is made online. Book now, pay later. Flexible cancellation. Just notify us if you will not be able to keep your reservation so that we can make it available to others.
• All prices are per person and include all taxes.
• Child discounts: under 6 years- 50%
under 3 years- free.
• Groups of more than 8 persons may be specially discounted, so please contact us with your request.